Now that you have all experienced the joys of the Bacon Bomb, except Kasey of course, you should all see why I love it. I got up at 6:30 this morning to make my creation in the dorm kitchen. Using different ingredients than I usually do, I set out on this glorious quest. After 3 hours of insanely intensive manual labor, I completed the quest and shared my riches with the class. I would now like to share the wonderful process with all of you.
2 pounds of extra thick cut bacon
1 pound of pork sausage crumbles
Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbeque Sauce
Half a green pepper
half a small onion
3 strips of crispy bacon already made
1.Preheat the oven to anywhere between 225 and 250. Since you are going to cook it for a long time, the temperature can be a few degrees off. Get out a deep, 1 inch cooking pan and a turkey baking rack to put inside. This will allow the fat to easily drip off of the meat. Also lay a 12 by 12 piece of plastic wrap onto the cutting board you are using.
2. Using a pocket knife, dice half a green pepper and half an onion. Mix the two together on the cutting board. We will return to these later.
3. Remove the precooked bacon from the oven and place it on the cutting board. Cut it into 1 inch pieces using the pocket knife, after washing it. Add these pieces to the peppers and onions.
4. Now comes the fun part, the bacon weave. Make a 6 by 6 bacon weave, by layering the bacon strips, and add pork seasoning.
5. Put the crumbles on top of the weave and layer them evenly. Add more seasoning and liquid smoke. Then add your filling of bacon, onion, and peppers and add a little bit more seasoning. Finally add a healthy amount of barbeque sauce to the top.
6. Here comes another fun part, the wrapping of the meat. All you have to do is grabone end of the plastic wrap and roll the meat up tightly. Then just move it to the rack and be careful not to use all of the fillings.
7. Place the whole thing into the oven and watch a movie or something, its gonna be 2 and a half hours, so find something to occupy yourself.
8. Carefully remove the meat from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes
9. cut open using a massively oversized grill fork and a bread knife.
10. Serve with potatoes and eggs, both are optional of course because the bacon bomb will consume all.