- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine carrots, broccoli, water, and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook onion in butter over medium heat until onion is translucent. Stir in flour and pepper; cook 1 minute. Stir in milk. Bring to a boil, then stir in cheese until melted. Stir in reserved vegetables and cooking liquid. Heat through, and serve.