- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream style corn
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a 10 inch ovenproof skillet.
- In a medium skillet, brown the sausage and onion; drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, corn meal mix, corn, sour cream, milk, and oil. Pour half of corn meal mixture into the greased pan, and sprinkle with sausage mixture and cheese. Pour remaining batter over top.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.